Saturday, September 15, 2007

Steve has a new friend!!!









We had a new family move in next door and they are the nicest family. Jennifer, (age 13), shown in the pictures above is at our house a lot. We all love her. As you can see though, she thinks Steve is pretty cool. She is into boarding (of any kind) and so she likes to talk boards with Steve, or anything for that matter---she loves to talk to whoever will listen and Steve, bless his heart, will genuinely engage in conversations with her. If she is at my house when Steve comes home, she beats Taylor and Parker to the door to greet him, although most of the times she is already outside waiting for him to pull up. I have to say, it is pretty funny. Steve thinks I'm mean to post this, but honestly, I am not doing it to be mean---I think it is so adorable. She follows Steve around like a shadow.

10 comments:

Tiff Rueckert said...

I love it! I need some new neighbors to move in next door so I can have help doing yardwork. I love these pictures (not being rude) as Steve is working she has her hands in her pockets watching.

Happy late birthday Steve! We miss you and you'll always be a legend in our house. The heroic lax stories will be told to my grandchildren. I don't blame this 13 year old for wanting to hang out.

Chris Rueckert

Emily said...

What isn't there to love about Steve!!! Anyone would love to hang out with him. Darren thinks she may be hanging around a lot because of the angle she got of Steve in the 1st picture! I am laughing when I think of you snapping these pictures! That is great, what a sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

LOL - it looks like she is checking him out in that first picture. How sweet though - does she babysit? That would be awesome.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I deleted my las comment. It wasn't very nice.

I hope that she is a good babysitter too!

Christy said...

A little crush...how cute. Well, it's cute for now but it could turn annoying pretty fast.

Wendy said...

Dido to the above comments. Steve must be so sweet to her. Does she ever stay for dinner?

SUMMER said...

LOL! So great! I bet Steve's ego has been boosted a little by this. I know Bryan's would be... he would think he was so cool!

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

oh no...do i see competition?! just kidding! but that is really cute! fun neighbor! :)

Tarah said...

I love it. someone has a little crush. Steve has got to be one of the nicest people I have met!