Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Orleans





We just returned from a family vacation to New Orleans and Mississippi. We were out there for a family reunion and to celebrate Steve's Grandmothers 80th Birthday. I will post pictures form the B-day Party and Reunion later (they are on Steve's computer). These pictures are from the Swamp Tour we took in Slidell, LA and from the time we spent in New Orleans. We had such a good time on this trip. The swamp tour was really neat. We kept our eyes open to see Shrek.=) The kids as well as the adults loved seeing the alligators in the wild. After the swamp we went to New Orleans. It was so much fun. We just walked around, went to tourist trap shops, ate at a nice restaurant, went to a 3D ocean movie, drove around Hurricane Katrina sights, and went sight seeing. All in all it was a very relaxing vacation.

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a fun trip....I have never been to the South, but that looks really cool. That picture of Lexi all hot and sweaty looked so miserable! Cute photos--i love slideshows.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I get scared on the Jungle Cruise ride... this one is for real! Ah... those aligators would totally scare me!

Nichole said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. We're glad to have you back. I love all the family pictures.

Wendy said...

I've never been there and I know why once I saw that picture of Lexi. ;( But I love family reunions.

Lori said...

For some reason I can't seem to get my comments to publish...so I'm trying it out on this. But I did love all the pictures. I've never been to the "deep south".

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! That looked like a BLAST! We did not go on one vacation this summer and I am still kind of sad about it!

Jenny said...

Brad's grandparents had a restaurant on Royal Street, and lived upstairs. He went out as a teenager. What an amazing city. And dirty at the same time. :) I would love to go sometime.

I love that even in that sick humidity, Lexi still has her bow in. What a good girl!

Angela said...

It's like an entirely different world down there. The swamp looks a lot like the swamps in Florida. You can also tell those gators have not been hanging out in Gator World. Glad you had a good time. I'm not sure New Orleans is a place I'll ever want to visit, so thanks for sharing the pictures.

Christy said...

I'm glad you survived the trip AND had a fun time!