Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Family Reunion in Picayune Mississippi






We recently returned from a family reunion on Steve's mother's side. It was her mom's 80th birthday so the whole reunion was planned around that. Thank you Grandma Floretta for having a birthday and giving us a reason to get together. The birthday party was really fun. Steve's mom and her two brothers wrote a song for their mom and sang it---they are an extremely musically talented family. It made me wonder what happened to Steve and his siblings (his brothers told me that they chose to accelerate in sports instead of songs). However I was pleasantly surprised on Sunday when the family, including Steve got up in Grandmas church (she belongs to a non-denomination Christian church)and sang a worship song. I teased Steve and told him that he's been holding out on the ward choir, so anyone reading this---get Tricia on him---I think he needs to join the choir! ( I video taped the whole thing---maybe I'll make a you-tube video and post it on my blog).

Steve's mom is from Mississippi so Steve grew up spending a lot of his summers in Mississippi until his family moved from Colorado to New York (at age 10). Anyway, to spare you a lot of boring details---he was able to meet FIRST cousins for the first time on this trip. Isn't that crazy? The rest of his family still made a trip once a year to visit Grandma and attend family get togethers, but this was Steve's first trip back to Mississippi in 19 years. I tried to post pictures of everyone in Steve's immediate family---We had a great time with them.

5 comments:

SUMMER said...

USA traveler... Sounds like your summer has been SO fun!

Anonymous said...

ok, steve and his brothers look so much alike. looks like a lot of people in the family - it's nice to put some faces to names.

Anonymous said...

Hey Annalee looks like a fun trip.Marc says steve is waisting away! That gives him some extra motivation to drop his extra pounds!

Jenny said...

LOVE the new look. I still am not satisfied with mine. I keep buying the "papers" and trying them out, but they just haven't screamed my name yet. This one screams yours though. It's darling!

Annalee said...

Are you kidding Jenny---I have loved yours both times and have thought they were you. Keep the one you have---it is so cute. If you change it again, I want what you have now!! I love it.