Monday, February 11, 2008

Taylor's new bedroom



As you can see from the pictures, Taylor's bedroom desperately needed a makeover. She told me that she wanted a Roxy room for her birthday---so after hours and hours and more hours of painting, she got her "Roxy room." We are still working on finishing the details. I just got her a new white chair to match her desk, so she doesn't have to use the old ugly card chair anymore. If you are ever out and about and see any cute accessories that would match her new room, call me. But seriously how ugly was her old room?? Did you notice the green base boards?? How about the 2 feet of white base boards where they ran out of green?? And for those of you wondering---Yes, we bought this house with the bedroom looking like that. Stay tuned for more---because there are 3 more ugly bedrooms where that came from.

12 comments:

Emily said...

Annalee I love her new room! Good job! I need to come and take a tour of your house sometime! We need to get together more often!

The Trotter Family said...

You have to tell me how you did the flowers on the wall. Are they decals or did you hand paint them? It turned out very cute. I don't think you will need to update this room for a very long time!

The Carter Family said...

Hi Annalee, its Aimee. I love Taylors room. What were the previous owners thinking!! It would be so fun to do a girls room but I think I am out of luck on that one. I hope you guys are doing good.

Andrea said...

Taylor I LOVE your room! Maybe I'll move in with you. Don't you have an extra bed? It was so fun to visit you guys. We miss you. Love Ewa.

Wendy said...

Love her new room and new blog look! Both are very chic.

Melinda H. said...

I am so impressed! Did you do that all by yourself? I am so wanting to do something with the boys room, but I don't want to put a lot of work into it when we aren't living at our final destination. Greg says we'll be here for five more years, but he changes his mind more than anyone I know. I love her room. I love the pink and black together. Good choice Taylor.

Quiggle said...

Sooo cute! I bet she can't wait to go to bed every night. You guys did an awesome job.

SUMMER said...

I love Taylor's new bedroom! It looks great! And I really can't believe that she is 8! That is just CRAZY! I can remember when she was Haven's age!

Christy said...

I L-O-V-E it!

Adrienne said...

Hey Annalee...long time no blog! seriously, that room is adorable! But it looks like a lot of work. I hear ya on the ugle rooms....Kate now has by far the nicest room in the house. Someday....someday. :)

Likely said...

sooooo cute! I will be on the lookout for surfer girl pink!

Tarah said...

looks amazing. I am sure Taylor is stoked! You have such great kids.